Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Realization

I just realized...

I would do anything for my horses...

...my dogs...

...my cats...

I would work till my fingers were nubs.

Suffer at a shitty job for them.

Go hungry for them.

Spend lots of money that I don't have to keep them healthy and comfortable...

I will lose sleep till I collapse for them.

I will fail classes for them.

Because in the end they are all that matter.

They are ALWAYS there for me when I need them. A warm shoulder to lean on. A soft coat to cry on. A willing companion to talk to. Unconditional love some call it. I call it something more... an ultimate bond, a deep friendship.

They remind me that no matter how bad it seems (or good!) they will always be there. That is reassuring when all else seems out of control.

Nothing else really, truly matters to me....(well, the boyfriend too, of course.


Sure there are always bills to pay. People to call. Days to go to work, to school....but it's all for them, in my mind. They keep me happy and I love them!

Go hug your your pets...your horse. Be thankful!

5 comments:

  1. Agreed. I tell Klein mare all the time "I hope you know how much you mean to me. You know you mean the whole universe to me, right? You know I'd do anything for you, right???" If I had to eat rice cakes the rest of my life to make sure she has the best then I totally would have no problem with that. She's even in my will and gets part of my life insurance to make sure she is taken care of comfortably if anything were to ever happen to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful - it really made me stop and value all the wonderful things in my life. Thanks for putting it all into perspective for me today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post. I really needed that reminder right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you guys are welcome :) I needed the reminder too!

    ReplyDelete