Its that time of year again when we all nominate each other, answer questions, read question and learn lots about each other. I got 4 nominations from:
Little Bay Horse
Grey Brook Eventing
I Trot On
The Jumping Percheron
Thanks ladies! Love you long time.
The rules state you have to link back to the blogs that nominated you, answer the 11 questions and state 11 random facts about you, come up with 11 more questions and nominate 11 more....thats exhausting. It took me over an hour to answer these questions SO YOU BETTER READ THEM. But really I think everyone has been nominated but I will try my best to do that section in part II So some factoids about myself.
1. I can't smell. Never have, never will.
2. I gained 40lbs when I severed my achilles tendon in 2009.
3. It took me 2 years to lose that 40lbs.
4. I'm obsessed with HBO shows.
5. I got a very terrible score on my ACT thanks to a dreadful math score. I don't math.
6. Since I got my first phone at 12 I've gone through about 3 a year. I'm hard on phones. Meaning I drop them..on concrete, in water buckets, in pools, fall in fountains with them, put them in my bra and damage them etc.
7. I hate summer more than almost anything in life. More than people who don't use their turn signals when driving, wearing pants, or shaving my legs.
8. I've had the same 417 songs on my ipod since 2008.
9. I'm obsessed with the Kidd Kraddick in the morning radio show. I listen to him everyday.
10. I failed my drivers test the first time because I couldn't parallel park.
11. I'm 2 years younger than everyone in my graduating class. Graduated HS when I had just turned 17 and college when I had just turned 21. I used to hate it but I accepted it.
1. What's the last book you read cover-to-cover?
You're all going to laugh... its a vampire book series called House of Night. I read them all in a week (there are 6 of them haha.) I HEART READING.
2. Have you ever broken a bone, and if so how?
Technically no. But I'm the most accident prone. The most. I've gotten a nail shoved through my entire foot, badly dislocated my elbow, severed my achilles tendon and shredded my meniscus in my knee. The nail and elbow were horse injuries. Achilles was an accident at work. Knee was skiing. Gross right?
3. If you could chose any super-power, what would it be?
I would say mind reading...but I don't think I want to hear peoples inner monologues so I would say the ability to fly. That would be neat.
4. What would you change about the horse world that doesn't have to do with animal abuse or money?
I feel like everything revolves around money in the hrose world so I can't really answer this question. Catty owners/show people and overbreeding all have to do with money IMO. Because show peeps are rude because they think they are better than everyone because of their trust fund money. And overbreeding happens because bitches be thirsty for dolla bills and breeeeed the crap out of everything. Even nice breeds like QHs, Arabs, WBS and TBs. Too many.
5. What are those 'Baby on Board' signs for cars really for? Nobody have ever been able to give me a satisfying answer.
Its so in a possible wreck you can swerve and magically avoid those cars.
6. What are your 3 favourite words?
absolutely, cantankerous and fuck.
7. What's the most 'out there' thing you believe in?
Karma. One hundred percent believe this is a real thing.
8. Describe the last time you laughed out loud.
Literally anytime I'm on the "humor" pinterest board. Its straight up malarky on that page. Love it. But if you want to know the last time...I was naked...after a shower...looking at pinterest. It was awkward cuz parts of me were jiggling.
9. Mares, geldings or stallions?
GELDINGS. Oh my god geldings. Everyone else is just too hormonal.
10. Who would you most like to go on a trail ride with?
I would like to RIDE Man O War on my trail ride and go on one with The Oconners. Love them.
11. What's the most ridiculous thing you've bought for riding or horses?
Nothing too ridiculous but last summer, one of the many times I got hammered, I got on ebay and spent $130 on a german elastic breastplate with sheepskin. It overdrafted my account. But I love that breastplate.
1. If you could ride anywhere in the world, where would it be?
IRELAND OH MY GOD
2. Have you ever been out of the country that you live in?
Do the British Virgin Islands count?
3. What's your job, do you like it?
I literally hate 2 of my 3 jobs. I want to quit everyday. At my barn I deal with naughty horses, heat, freezing cold and other workers not doing their shit etc etc and I loathe it. I waitress at Buffalo Wild Wings and its made me hate humanity. My 3rd job I heart lots. I work at a Paint Bar. I bartend half the time and the other half I teach the classes. I CANNOT WAIT TO MOVE TO A REAL CITY WITH REAL JOBS.
4. Proudest moment with your horse?
Which one, haha. Dolly, beating out all the QHs at 4H fair winning grand champion hunter. Spirit, winning Pony Club Mega Rally over 46 other people. Yankee, oh man. So many moments. Most recent was XCs chooling when he took every single prelim fence....and I had my eyes closed.
5. Any horse tattoos?
Yep two. One on my foot that says "ride to live live to ride" with a little horse next to it. The second is a poem tribute to Spirit on my ribcage, titled "Ode to The Horse". They both really hurt.
6. Favorite place to haul out to ride?
When I lived in Ohio it was Twin Towers XC park... I lived 20 min from there and went once a week. Now its any of the trails around here.
7. Any other hobbies besides riding?
I collect beer tabs and movie stubs. Meaning I watch a lot of movies and drink heavily.
8. Most ridiculous piece of tack you've seen?
OH my god it wasnt tack but it was horse leggings. What the fuck.
9. Furthest distance you've taken your horse aka road trip, day haul, show, etc...?
9.5 hours, Columbia, MO to Columbus, OH for Equine Affaire. It was an eventful trip that required me replacing all four tires on the horse trailer...
10. Is this your first blog award?
11. Do you board or have your horse(s) at home?
Now I board and I hate it. Too expensive and barn drama...I can't even. I miss having my horses at home :(
- If you could travel to any place in world, where would it be and why? IRELAND. HORSES. PRETTY.
- If you could live in any historical period/location, where would it be and why? I think I would have liked to live in ancient Greece. Or the Middle Ages. So much history. No technology. Just pure human emotions and shit.
- If you had to change to an entirely new equestrian discipline, what would you go to? Wow thats a tough one because Eventing is the best ;) If I had to choose I would say Grand Prix jumping because they still jump badass fences. I would love to barrel race again but the IQ of most of the riders is below 70 and their horsemanship skills terrify me.
- If you could have a ride on any famous horse in the world competing right now, which would it be? Right now or past? This is tough. Man O War. Snow Man. From back back in the Day. Back in the day, Prince Pinache, Custom Made, Gem Twist, Courageous Comet. Now it would have to be Totilas or Quimbo. Or Windfall in his prime. But I rode his babies so thats close right?
- Describe your dream barn. Circular. 8 stalls. wash stall, tack stall and tack room and feed room. So 12 total "rooms". Open aisle in the middle. Pointy roof. Grey brick floors, Black stall doors, open grates. Redwood oak stalls. GAH GAH GAH.
- Favorite non-horsey activity? Watching movies
- Which is better: the book or the movie adaptation? The book. Always. But movies are entertaining.
- Can you cook? If so, what can you make? All the things.
- Favorite color?
- Describe yourself in 10 years.
Hot soccer mom.
- How did you first start riding?
I begged my parents ad they bought me a month package lessons hoping I would get sick of it. Jokes on them.
- Get up early to ride, or stay up late? I'd rather ride late but we can't arrive to the barn any later than 9 and most nights I work past 11
- What do you do for a living? See previous questions
- What do you wish you did for a living? In a perfect world, retrain OTTBs. But to actually make money I want to work in a marketing department for any horse magazine or tack mag.
- If you could try any type of riding what would it be? POLO
- What is one thing about your horse you wish you could change? His hunters bump. Its bad. And Fugly.
- If you could change your horse's name to anything (registered or barn) what would it be? Naked. "And its Monica Vollmer riding Naked in 3rd place" LOLZ FOR DAYS.
- Facebook, Tumblr, or Instagram? Facebook
- Ebay, Craigslist, or Tack shop? EBAY
- If you could take on the life of any character in any TV show or movie, who would it be? Blake Lively's character on Gossip Girl. Her biggest worry is which hot guy to bang and where to shop that day.
- If you had an unlimited budget, what type of car or truck would you buy? Dodge RAM
- If you could move to any part of the world, where would it be? See previous questions