Friday, September 5, 2014

10 Things

Because I don't really have any riding news, besides 2 hack rides squeezed in before the fading daylight and after brutally long days at real person job, I figured I would hop on the informal blogging train again!

Before I answer the 10 questions though I wanted to give a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who put so much effort into answering my SOS! Every single answer was so helpful and I feel confident Yankee and I can get over this minor bump in the road! Gracias gracias!

You may also have noticed some weirdness in my blog if you visit me on a computer...yeah, at some point during my last blogpost I fucked something up mysteriously and my entire right hand side is now below my posts, my font is messed up and I have to write these posts with fucking code!! Its a bitch and I am not happy. I have no idea how to change it back because I am clueless to how it even happened. #UGH

Without further ado though, my answers!

1. Is your horse spooky or bombproof?
Bacardi is really dumb and spooks violently at dumb things, like corn, or sounds. But could give give a fuck less if a chicken flaps madly around him. Yankee is about 95% bombproof...rarely spooks and when he does he just stops dead and stares. My preferred method of spooking.

2. Does your horse have a long or short stride?
Yankee is short in stature and stride. Bacardi is huge in all aspects.

3. Describe your current barn in 3 words?
Private, tiny, ratchet

4. If you could switch barns, would you?
Yes and No. Yes, because I LOVE facilities at boarding barns because anything is better than my ancient setup. I have no arena, my stalls are old chicken coops converted into horse stalls, bad wiring, etc etc. No, because I like controlling every aspect of my horses' care..that way I know whats going in their mouth, if their stalls actually get cleaned, etc etc...BUT its cheaper...
What it boils down to is that I need a barn fairy to come build me a spanking new barn so I can have nice things and be a control freak.

5. Favorite brand of breeches?
Kerrits all the way. If I wasn't poor I think I could really get into the Fits game.

6. How many blue ribbons do you have? (Red if you live in Canada or Britain).
I have no freaking clue. Probably over a 100 blues alone. I did a TON of rodeo and 4-H as well as hunters, jumpers, dressage and eventing...for over 10 years. NO idea. They live in a box under my bed. I really need to make them into a quilt or something. I have 10 "special" ribbons though, and they aren't all blues! One of my favs is an 8th place from a USEA event with Yankee. First time he had ever actually placed! I was so proud!

7. How many saddle pads do you own?
Jesus Christ how does a tack whore even keep track?? I just keep finding pads. They're everywhere. In every crevice of my barn, trailer, attic, garage...I literally think I have 50. I have a pad and bit problem okay, don't judge me!! I have about 10 "main schooling" pads I use though and rotate depending on dirt level and if I'm taking pics or not. My fav is a black USDF championship pad, and a thin jump pad with red, white and blue piping #merica.

The black pad

#merica
8. Is your horse your phone background/lock screen?
Yes! They're my lock screen. Luke The Boy is my home screen. I need my boys on the cellie always.

The meese & Levi
9. Do you go trail riding often? (weather permitting)?
Weekly. Its so beneficial and fun! Switches it up from constant drilling and the hills are great. Also I am really lazy and you can ride trails in non-riding clothes/less tack. And can you say, galloping paths?

10. Favorite horsey movie?
Seabiscuit by a landslide. Can I just say War Horse is the butthole of all horse movies, close second is Secretariat.

These are fun! More!?

Perhaps answering some burning questions (on your blog) I have will tickle your fancy? C'mon, everyone's doing it! (I gave short answers but I demand more from y'all)

1. If your horse was a person, who would they be? (you can generalize personality if you can't think of someone).
For example: Yankee would be Perez Hilton [snarky, flaming gay celeb blogger]. Bacardi would be a hypochondriac.)
2. What is one (or two...or five) piece(s) of equipment you CANNOT live without.
(crib collar, bell boots)
3. When did you start riding/ what discipline?  
(7 years old, Hunters)
4. Do you have a barn dog? If so, what breed?
(Levi! Blue Heeler aka Shadow Dog)
5. Do you like doing stalls or nah?
(yes. see above control freakishness)
6. What treat(s) does your horse go nuts over?
(Yankee is obsessed with mints, but will literally eat anything. He REALLY likes beer. B will only eat apple flavored shit from TSC)
7. If you've switched disciplines, why? If not, also why.
 (Um because eventing is badass and hunters wasn't for me.)
8. What is your least favorite discipline and why (yeah, I aint afraid to be scandalous)? 
(Western pleasure: peanut rollers)

9. Who is currently your favorite rider? 
(Famous people: William Fox Pitt, Hannah Sue or Doug Payne. Non-famous, my old BO...she's a boss ass bitch. Over 80 years old and still rides PSG everyday. The O'Conners will forever be my favorite though #PowerCouple)

10. What is your BIGGEST pet peeve regarding horses?
(Hard to determine...probably draw reins or the word "headset" or people making assumptions. I also hate when non-horse people call ALL foals "colts". Wrong wrong wrong wrong.)

So there we have it! Maybe something to spark your blogging if you're not doing much riding wise or need materials!

Much love.

1 comment:

  1. This is great!! I will definitely be doing this tomorrow. :D Love your answers!

    ReplyDelete