Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Redemption

Quick update before these sleeping meds start to work, lolz.

I want to thank everyone for their encouraging and helpful comments! This is why we blog; for the support of everyone who knows what the ups and downs of horse ownership feels like. So what if we are online friends, we still have that relationship that makes us feel better when we're down, where we can get advice when we need it and where we can brag about our successes without feeling narcissistic. I love all 99 of you :)

I need you all to stand up for me. Ok, now sit back down.


I RODE today.

Craziness, I know.

And it was actually very good. I forced myself to get dressed in riding breeches, sports bra AND tall socks so I had ZERO excuses. I still tried to talk my way out of it. I even texted Jackie that I failed to ride today, even dressed the part. Then, as I was bringing pony in, I decided, "I DO want to ride today".

Decided to do soem dressage work in my favorite saddle, which happens to not be a dressage seat, but my jumping saddle. I just feel comfortable in it and I wanted to be happy today.

We kept to a lot of walking working on walk pirouettes, lateral work (sidepass and shoulder fore/in) and a few walk-canter transitions. We barely trotted, and the trot work we did do was long and low. I wanted to keep him relaxed, but marching. He obliged like a gentleman. Nothing like last Thursday.

I'm one of the oddballs that actually LOVES dressage and I was pleased with our 30 min. school today. A few of the Barn Ladies were complimenting Yankee and asking what my show plans for the year were, which was slightly depressing. BUT, they seemed apologetic and supportive nonetheless. I'm always floored when warmblood dressage owners love my little OTTB. :)

I've been thinking if I should ask for small sponsors. I don't even know how to go about that, but a lot of the ladies really do love Yankee & they seem to like me, and it could never hurt to ask? I don't know, I'm too proud/ bashful to ask for something as huge as that.  Who knows.

Anyways, going to bed satisfied with that ride and looking forward to gridwork with H and Pronto tomorrow :D

Thank again for your incredibly supportive and kind words!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog friends (me included) are always here to try and bring you up/cheer you up :) I know what you mean about it can be hard to feel motivated to ride but I am glad you did get to ride and it sounds like you did well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the blog friends!! They are awesome. Their comments are what keeps me blogging. :D

    I'm glad you rode and that you enjoyed yourself! Sometime just making yourself do it is the best method.

    I was actually going to mention sponsors on your last post, but I know nothing about sponsoring or if eventers do sponsors so I kept my mouth shut lol. I wish I could be more helpful, but I don't know enough about it to be of any help. Good luck! I hope it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete