Sunday, July 14, 2013

Distractions

While I sit here waiting for 3 days to pass so I can ride my pone again, I shall share what we did before he got his wittle hockies injected.

"Mom, I am seriously bored. This is horseshit. And I hate my hay."


I did "gallop" sets on Tuesday.....

My new fav pic of us.

Dont you love the troxel? Left my CO helmet in Jackies car

That white blur is Levi, the dog.


 ....and Wednesday Jackie and I spent ALL day at our barns. All day. =Sunburns.

We jumped Yanks just a little bit first, considering I knew he was just slightly ouchy. He sure didn't act like it though, rollbacks, engagement and flllyying over fences. So willing. I swear, if you didn't know Yankee/horses that well, you wouldnt even notice the so very slight hitch in his getalong. (Yes, I was told by the vet up until the injections it was OK to continue riding like normal).

I wasn't riding very well that day actually. I don't really know why but my position sucketh, kept getting left behind and I was all wrong distance wise. Luckily Yankee tolerates his human.



My face is absolutely ridiculous. What am I doing forreal in this picture...


Getting quite left behind..ooops

Atttaaack

We could toats win some hunter eq if I liked hunters.

And then there's this...result of myself whacking up distances.

Better


Yankee always loves his second mommy on his back too. I actually think he jumped better for  her all the verticals which I am insanely jealous of since verticals are my fear/nemisis.


After my barn, we went to Jackie's to school miss mare. I love this horse but sometimes I really can't ride her...like at all. I was on the struggle bus getting her to jump. The key with Isis is light contact...but literally..like, no contact (unless you're her mommy) and I just can't ride like that. My epic failure led to both of us hating each other and Isis shutting down. I couldn't even get her to turn or jump a 2 foot vertical and I was the most upset. I should be able to ride any horse, but I guess I've been spoiled with one beast for 8 years and my ability to "catch ride" has suffered.


Trying SO hard to give an epic release
Luckily we have no pictures of our cantering in place/not turning/running into fences/dying.

Jackie and mare were of course, a pair, and tackled the new barn fence with some major style. Check it..

I wish she'd let me ride her with contact, LOLZ
I'm hoping Isis isn't a one person horse, but I can say that Jackie has really turned this mare around into something super nice. I won't even be mad if she can't sell her and she's stuck with her forever ;)
Those knees doh>>>   

The MOST funnest part of the whole day involved a pond and  no shoes. And one sweaty horse.

WE WENT SWIMMING!!! It was terrifying. And fabulous.

I've been one other time with Yankee and it was equally as scary. If you've never done it, you feel like you're about to slide off and die. But it is SO COOL at the same time. We were so proud of Isis for taking us both in! Good mare!


Jackie
Me, almost dying.

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous pictures! And swimming looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man getting on a new horse is hard!!

    the swimming looks fun!

    Hope Yankee heals up fully and quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pics :-) you guys look great!! It looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope Yanks is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing photos & the swimming looks class!
    Hope Yanks feels better real soon after his mommy is taking such good care of him!
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - some great pics! Love the one of you & the Yankers galloping. :)

    I didn't know Isis is for sale...may I ask why? [I adore her...glad I'm not local!]

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what awesome pics and FUN FUN FUN...love love to swim w/ ponyface too!
    That gallop pic of you and Yanks is super great too-agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That swimming looks like so much fun except I would probably drown lol. Your pictures always make me wish I could jump, but I don't think I'm brave enough to do more than 2 feet lol.

    ReplyDelete