Friday, January 6, 2017

SNERRR

I generally have a rule about NO RIDING under 20* because reasons, but I texted V when I was at work around 2PM and was like, "SCREW IT meet me at the barn at 4PM and bring your camera" because it was snowing big old fat flakes of snow!!

And like, pictures are everything.




Literally, and especially since B is up for sale this may be our last snowstorm together and I really wanted some majestic pics even if it was 10*, windy as shit and I'm nursing another head cold. But I'm a total photo whore and everyone knows it and the opportunity was perfect.

We tacked up faster than I ever have before and wrestled our annoyed beasts outside (OF COURSE we were riding right at feeding time and they were PISSED at us) to frolic in the newly fallen snow.



Never mind that I had on about a million layers and looked like A Christmas Story, it was fun even though all I did was walk B. He was extra lit, since it dropped about 40* in one day then snowed and we pulled him away from the hectic mess that was feeding time, and the wind was whipping. But he was a good sport for about 15 minutes, hahaha.

"Mahm ees cold, no plz"
I am not sure how the rest turned out, but V sent me a few to "tide me over" (her actual words) but I love even the few she sent me < 3

I was hoping to get some good riding in this weekend, but OF COURSE the temp doesn't go up until Monday (back to 45*...wut) and we are sitting pretty at sub-20* all weekend. So we shall see.

I want to give a huge thank you to any of you who follow me and are friends with me on FB and shared my equine.come ad, or my FB post. His ad was viewed 600 times yesterday and I was swamped with messages yesterday evening. Thank you SO MUCH for advocating in my boy and making this process easier by being so supportive. I love you all!

13 comments:

  1. Oh em gee I've never wanted snow riding pics as badly as I do right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha the cost of epic snow pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. We try so hard sometimes hahaha. It's not effortless

      Delete
  4. Snow pictures are so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every picture of that quarter sheet is putting me one step closer to buying one of my own. Ughhhhhh its so pretty! And so are these pictures. I wish we were getting nice snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do need it!! It's one of the nicest things I've ever purchased. It's a quality item and so pretty!!

      Delete
  6. Lovely snow pics. :D
    BTW, I haven't noticed anyone mentioning the AWESOME two-tone clip job on B yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg thank you!! I think Aimee and Carly mentioned it either on my last post or FB but they def noticed. Now that I think about it it was FB I'm pretty sure. Regardless, thank you!

      Delete