Sunday, March 16, 2014

Summer Dreaming

I have always loathed summer with a passion.

I hate sweating. My hair refuses to hair. I'm terrified of thunderstorms. And in the past 5 years it has been miserably boring since I had summers off from school and nothing to do but veg on the couch and occasionally slave at work.



Now though, since I am almost a a real adult, I've noticed more hateful feelings towards winter and the obscene cold and the effects it has on my commute. My feelings towards summer have changed. I'm beginning to become attracted to idea of it. Can I deal with the heat and humidity? Perhaps with working AC maybe.

I just want to go fishing. And swim. And back roading. And drink by the river. And lay out. And spend summer nights with friends. And wear shorts. And tank tops. And go to parks. Go on walks. Be skinny. Be tan. Be warm.

But mostly, I'm looking forward to shows.

I WANT RIBBONS.

Sure, it'll be hot and gross, but I think I can deal.

I've noticed myself daydreaming about all the horrible things about shows and LOOKING FORWARD TO IT. I've caught myself wishing I was in a truck driving endless hours down a hot highway headed to a show. Braiding at the late hours of the night. Sweating profusely on XC walks. The anxiousness before our test. The endless waiting around. The cost of hotels.

I WANT IT ALL.

I also, of course, in true tack whore fashion, dream about updates to my already extensive collection. None of which  I NEED (with the exception of new tall boots. Srly, mine are ripped in half) but of course, WANT.



And my imaginary schedule is PACKED so far. XC schooling at the end of this month. Then a dressage show in April with Jessie. Then Longview at the beginning of May. Then Queeny. Then everything else. ALL THE SHOWS ALL OF THEM.

 Dying inside knowing how much these shows cost, but YOLO you know?



Want dis.

Anyone else ready for the fuckery that is the flip flop temps to end and all the mud, rain and hair shedding that is spring to turn the corner??

I know I am.

What are everyone's plans so far? Shows? Training goals?

P.S. Thank you for all the congrats-I am more than stoked :D

6 comments:

  1. For the pony im looking at Penny Oaks and IEA possibly one at the KHP($$$ lots), of course lessons start in May and hopefully I will finally be able to go xc school with her(never have) and we will kick ass all summer long. Rhyme on the other hand gets to go to schooling shows if SK isn't sucking all my money that I make working at Subway(ihatemyjob). I want be schooling novice some training with SK, get in kick ass shape. Of course I graduate in May then get to decide with I am doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAHHHH SUMMER!!!

    Actually, we're having a rocking spring here and I need ALL THE LESSONS, so summer can take it's time. ;-) Excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I daydream about shows too!! They are awful-but totally addicting!!

    I'm ready for the spring induced 'attitudes' to be done. Silly horses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...I am dying............There is still 3 feet of snow here. Our first shows might be cancelled if it doesn't melt soon....I hate winter...this winter is just straight up HELLLLLLL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally!!!!! You have come over to the dark side and you're a summer girl now!! Welcome to the club. :D Hehehehehe!

    ReplyDelete