Monday, June 16, 2014

Motivate Me

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to ride 2 horses a day with the onslaught of intense humidity and rising temperatures. (strangely enough, the day the following pics were taken it was 45* at 7am and I was frozen. SUMMER WTF)

I know the easiest solution is just get up earlier, but my body went from working 70 hours a week, to nothing at all and has taken a drastic change in course when it comes to sleep patterns. Meaning I can't fall asleep till like 3 am, and cannot force myself to wake up before 830. I need to reverse this stat before I get in too deep.

That aside, I've put in some good work with the ponies ( riding every other day or so) even with the jank ass footing. It didn't stop raining for a week so we did a lot of hill/road work which is actually beneficial. Once the "arena" dried we did a bit more real dressage work with circles, transitions and change of directions for B, and 3rd stuff for The Yankee. Sadly, we have yet to get any Yankee video but I do have some cool pics of Bacardi.

This 'lil' man truly puts in work everytime I get on him. Gives 110% every ride, every time. He never quits. Even when he's frustrated or confused he keeps truckin'. Fabulously too, I can't get over his natural gaits.



Is this horse really five years old? No, he can't be.

Granted that is his good direction (right lead canter is a HOT mess), but can we please appreciate his understanding of inside leg to outside rein already?

Yes that would be an open inside rein and him still on the contact <3 br="">
He's way more consistent to the left, which is expected, but when he's on, he is ON



RED HORSE I LOVE YOU WHY YOU SO PERFECT.

Yes yes, Yankee is STILL my precious angelface and ALWAYS will be, I am just floored by this OTTB and his ease in the transition from racehorse to event horse. Granted his old owner did a LOT of the grunt work and got him started in contact, but he is truly taking this dressage thing by the reins (haha equestrian humor).

I could look at pics of my shiny penny all day.





FAV
I have yet to jump the nugget and plan to do that soonly, but I have ZERO jump materials.

As a child I jumped Spirit and Yankee over picnic tables and trash cans. Ratchet.

HOPEFULLY I will be taking Yanks to twin Towers this weekend to jump, but since B is god awful in the trailer I will be leaving him at home this time until we school a bit more with that wretched moving metal thing.

Also, Jackie is baaaaaack and she is a'bloggin. Check her out at The Wondermare because she is awesome and my bestie.

6 comments:

  1. SUCH SEXUAL, MUCH HORSE, VERY WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I can't be of any help. The humidity is killing me too and my sleep schedule is no better than yours. Damn insomnia! Getting up earlier would be helpful. Sadly the best times of day to ride temperature wise I get eaten alive by mosquitoes... sigh.

    However he is GORGEOUS and looks AWESOME! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what--you are lucky as hell. What I wouldn't give for one of your horses--you have no idea. Stop making excuses. Be thankful for what you have. Write your next post about how you are solving a training issue with one of your boys and stop complaining for goodness sakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homeboy knows how stretch his fronts out like a beast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two looks so nice together - very nice picture overall :)

    Get up early...thats my motivation for you! :)

    ReplyDelete